Sensational Soils for NSW and Qld students has started!
We are happy to announce that the 2017 Sensational Soils Enviro-Stories program has been officially launched. This program has been sponsored by the Cotton Research and Development Corporation and is being run in Term 2 throughout central and northern NSW; and central and southern Queensland.
This year’s theme is all about one of our most important natural resources – soils!
We are looking for 15-page illustrated stories around the themes of:
- What is soil made of?
- Where does soil comes from?
- Different types of soil – their texture and colour.
- The importance of soil to agriculture.
- The importance of soil to biodiversity.
- What is living in our soils?
- What you can do/make with soil.
REGISTER TODAY AND GET INVOLVED!
The program page has the story template, an introduction to Enviro-Stories for teachers, some hints and tips, as well as a FREE education resource that contains a range fact and activity sheets all about soil.
So get your students researching, writing, illustrating and sending in entries for their chance to become a published author.